About Rep Stage
Rep Stage, founded by Valerie Lash in 1993, is the only professional regional theatre in the country in residence at a Community College. Committed to artistic excellence Rep Stage has been honored with several Helen Hayes Awards, and over fifty nominations. The theatre offers its audiences a variety of evocative programing focused on both contemporary American classics, as well as new works, often including regional and/or world premieres. From its beginnings Rep Stage has provided patrons with professional theatre in Howard County at affordable prices with both single ticket and flexible subscription options. Dedicated to arts education, Rep Stage offers opportunities for HCC students to engage in the work as both audience members and/or theatre artists. Housed in the Horowitz Center for the Arts at HCC, productions are presented in the Studio Theatre, a flexible 150 seat black box theatre.
- Rep Stage operates as a 501c3 not-for-profit theatre under the auspices of the HCC Educational Foundation—all contributions are tax-deductible.
- Rep Stage is a member of the Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national association for professional theatre
- Rep Stage is supported by The Howard County Arts Council and Maryland State Arts Council
- Rep Stage is a proud member of Actors' Equity Association. Founded in 1913, AEA is the labor union that represents more than 48,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
- Rep Stage is a member of the National New Play Network.
- Rep Stage is a member of Theatre Washington/ Helen Hayes Awards