10 Minute Play Contest
This year's conference will feature five winners of a 10-Minute Play Competition. If you are a playwright, please see the qualifying criteria and submission information below.
THE PLAYS must:
- be on the theme of The Power of Engagement
- feature a woman character
- have a reading time of no longer than 10 minutes
- be unpublished and unproduced (previous readings acceptable)
THE PLAYWRIGHT must:
- be a woman or woman-identified
- attend the conference
- bring to the conference actors rehearsed and ready to read her play (Winners will be provided names of registrants who are volunteer actors.)
THE PROCESS (BLIND SUBMISSON):
- 5 plays will be chosen from the first 30 submitted that meet the guidelines.
- Winning plays will be selected by May 31.
- Winning plays will be given a reading at the conference.
- Conference fee will be waived for winning playwrights and their actors.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send the following to email@example.com...
- an email including playwright’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address and name of play
- an attachment with a Word or pdf version of the script containing NO identifying information
- NO entrance fee
- Submission deadline: May 1, 2019 (limit of 1 per playwright)